Hardware Technical Project Lead - Silicon
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TECHNICAL HARDWARE PROJECT LEAD - SILICON
The SpaceX Satellite team is looking for an experienced and driven Technical Project Lead in silicon development. The candidate will draw upon their technical background and project leadership skills to drive complex and challenging silicon projects end to end.
The responsibilities include project definition, planning, schedule management, resource allocation, technical decisions and trade-offs, tracking, executing, and releasing silicon projects to production. Qualified candidates will work with multidisciplinary teams and leaders across all spacecraft systems – RF, Mechanical, Board Design, System Architecture, System Integration, Software, Network, Operations, Manufacturing and Test, Structures, Propulsion, Thermals, to enable successful execution of state of the art Satellites from beginning to end.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering.
- 8+ years of Technical Project or Program Management experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters of Science degree in engineering.
- Prior experience with full hardware product lifecycle(s).
- Project leadership of satellite product lifecycle(s).
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.