Sr. Director, Reliability Engineering
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SENIOR DIRECTOR – RELIABILITY ENGINEERING
This position requires an experienced engineering leader and an established expert in reliability engineering of complex space systems.
- Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis,
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA),
- Reliability Block Diagram analysis (RBD),
- Single Event Upset / Multiple Bit Upset (SEU/MBU) analysis.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD in Reliability Engineering
- Technical expert in the selection of technologies to be used in state of the art electronics.
- Expert in Reliability modeling and prediction methodologies.
- Highly experienced in electronics manufacturing technologies, PCB materials and fabrication, component package types and reliability comparisons.
- Experienced in new product development, with new technologies, and driving evaluations, test and verification for space systems.
- Demonstrable expert knowledge, and experience with reliability predictions for component package technologies (CSPs; LGAs / BGAs / CGAs, custom Die packages)
- Experienced with GMW-3172, SMC-S-016
- Strong project management skills in successfully coordinating teams to drive technology development and verification test for reliability assessments, with aggressive schedules.
- Well established knowledge in component level / board level physics of failure and reliability test methods, and correlation of reliability prediction tools with measured results
- Experienced with mechanism reliability prediction and space tribology.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.