Operations and Automation Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
OPERATIONS AND AUTOMATION ENGINEER
- Defining a path towards full automation of spacecraft operations
- Writing mission procedures (either to be automated or executed by operators)
- Influence and set requirements for the design and layout of operator displays
- Develop technical training materials for support operator training
- Collect requirements from subsystems and formulate mission procedures
- Executing on-orbit mission operations
- Master of Science degree in aerospace engineering, electrical, statistics, physics or computer science
- 3+ years of professional experience working real-time operations and/or operations automation
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Able to compose technical documents
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic understanding of C++ and Python scripting
- Previous spacecraft engineering, mission operations, or operations training experience
- Moderate knowledge of orbital mechanics
- Familiarity with satellite subsystems
- Self-driven and pragmatic in the face of ambiguity
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Willingness and ability to work at odd hours to support flight operations
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.