SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Produce printed circuit board designs for Avionics Engineering supporting Falcon 9, Crew Dragon, test, and development
- Work with engineers and PCB designers to implement high-speed mixed technology designs applying established guidelines and standards
- Complete requests for drawing updates related to sustaining engineering and/or manufacturing process improvements
- Associate Degree
- Minimum 5 years of PCB Design experience
- Experience in high-density/high-speed design
- Experience with signal integrity design techniques
- Experience with low noise design and minimization of EMI/EMC
- Experience with RF and split analog/digital designs
- Designed for thermal reduction and high-vibration environments
- Experience with Design for Manufacturability, Design for Assembly, and Design for Testability
- Experience with ECAD libraries and library configuration management
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of science in electrical engineering or similar study
- IPC CID, CID+ Certification
- Experience with Altium Designer strongly preferred
- Software scripting for use in Altium Designer
- Working knowledge of Valor NPI
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed balanced with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Ideal candidate will have experience with both MIL-STD and commercial components
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively with others
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.