Principal RF / Microwave Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRINCIPAL RF/MICROWAVE ENGINEER
- Simulating/modeling RF front-end systems, working with System Architects, Modem/DSP and ASIC engineers to partition functions between HW and SW domains.
- Deriving RF HW specifications for the RF system and RF blocks.
- Develop RF/Microwave circuits, components and MMICs.
- Evaluate and characterize prototypes and RF components.
- Characterize and analyze full radio performance.
- Lead the development of automated test equipment for lab measurements.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering.
- 10+ years of work experience.
- 5+ years of experience using Agilent ADS, Genesys, HFSS or AWR Microwave Office.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters of Science or PhD in electrical engineering with emphasis in RF/Microwave integrated circuits design.
- Understanding of RF passive components such as hybrid couplers, Wilkinson dividers, waveguide, circulators, and directional couplers.
- Knowledge of digital communication systems, spread spectrum, single and multi carrier techniques and modulation types such as QPSK, APSK and QAM
- 5+ years of experience in analysis and simulation of both linear and non-linear circuits such as phased-locked loops, vector modulators/demodulators, oscillators, mixers, filters, multipliers, synthesizers, low noise and/or power amplifiers.
- Python and/or Labview programming experience for test automation.
- RF/microwave design in the Ku-band, K-band, and Ka-band frequency range.
- Familiarity with radio related test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, vector signal analyzers, vector signal generator, network analyzers.
- Experience in Matlab, Python, C++ or equivalent tools for modeling and analyzing RF systems.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.