Avionics Development Technician
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
AVIONICS ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN
- Fabricate and assemble high quality wire harnesses and complex electromechanical assemblies
- Self-monitor work progress and achieve on time delivery of all work
- Read, interpret and work from drawings as well as from uncontrolled documentation
- Cable Harnesses: wiring schematics, layout drawings, mechanical Drawings
- Assembly Procedures / Work instructions
- On occasion, interpret Engineering design intent and work from incomplete drawings and/or schematics
- Record work performed in shop floor management system (ERP) and/or Engineering task system (JIRA)
- Heavy communication using e-mail, Instant Messenger, and/or JIRA
- Perform verification of hardware and documenting results in a clear, precise and complete manner
- Assist with the development of production processes for first time production runs
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Must have at least 1 year of experience using basic mechanical and/or electronics hand tools
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's Degree
- Experience in fast-paced production environment with harnesses and electro-mechanical assemblies
- Experience in a high production environment with hands on experience fabricating harness, electro-mechanical assemblies, or prototype development
- Able to adapt to constantly changing work assignments and fast paced work environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and teamwork skills
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed. Some traveling will be necessary.
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted
- Ability to distinguish colors is required
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.