Security Automation Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Security Automation Engineer
- Architect, design, configure, deploy, maintain, support, and troubleshoot the ELK and ElastAlert technology stack used for logging, searching and incident response at SpaceX. This includes:
- Design, develop/configure, deploy and support the technologies that aid in the automation of information security. This could include but is not limited to:
- AntiVirus Products
- Host-Based Incident Response Tools
- Email Security Appliances
- Network-Based Malware Detection Tools
- Client Logging Tools
- Password Management Tools
- Architect, design, build/update, deploy and support custom tools, scripts and integrations that provide systemic automation to tasks that need to be performed.
- Custom automation scripts (python, powershell, bash…)
- Maintain and administrate applications built on top of Linux operating systems.
- Must understand and communicate difficult concepts and provide instructions in a clear and straightforward manner.
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering degree required.
- 5+ years of systems administration and scripting/automation experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Linux system administration
- Experience in defining, selecting, deploying, and supporting information security tools and technologies.
- Application/tool administration experience in the tools documented above or with similar tools (competitors)
- Expertise with the Python scripting language.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated technical project management skills
- Track record of getting things done quickly and with quality
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.