Principal Technical Project Lead
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRINCIPAL TECHNICAL PROJECT LEAD
Qualified candidates will work with multidisciplinary teams and leaders across spacecraft systems – RF, Mechanical, Board Design, System Architecture, System Integration, Software, Network, Operations, Structures, Propulsion, Thermals, Manufacturing and Test, to enable successful execution of state of the art Satellites from beginning to end.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science or electrical engineering or mechanical engineering.
- 12+ years of Technical Project or Program Management experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with others
- Masters of Science degree in computer science or electrical engineering or mechanical engineering.
- Prior experience with full hardware product lifecycle(s).
- Project leadership of satellite product lifecycle(s).
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.