Formal Verification Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
FORMAL VERIFICATION ENGINEER
- Plan the formal verification strategy.
- Create properties and constraints for complex digital design blocks.
- Utilize formal property verification tools combined with formal verification closure techniques to verify properties.
- Resolve difficult problems to verify properties.
- Contribute improvements to methodologies to enhance formal verification results.
- Architect and implement reusable formal verification components.
- BS degree in EE or CS
- 5+ years of ASIC / FPGA Verification Experience.
- Previous experience in capturing design specification in temporal assertion language such as SVA.
- Previous work experience in verification of designs such as CPUs, Networking blocks or Peripheral controllers.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree preferred with 5 years of ASIC / FPGA Verification Experience.
- Hands-on experience in using formal verification tools (Questa Formal, Jasper etc.).
- Deep understanding of abstraction techniques and formal verification technologies.
- Knowledge and experience in reviewing and interpreting hardware specifications.
- Familiarity with testing complex designs, code coverage, functional coverage, assertions.
- Proficiency in programming/scripting languages with excellent debugging skills.
- Ability to focus on finding design issues, corner cases and out of box ideas to make designs more robust.
- Experience with high level verification methodologies like UVM, OVM, or VMM.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a dynamic environment that includes working with changing needs and requirements.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.