Hardware Development Manager
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Hardware Development Manager
Our Avionics group works to design, develop, test, analyze and integrate all the electronic hardware and software for our vehicles. This includes but is not limited to: flight software, flight computers, power conversion units, analog and digital circuit boards, FPGA’s, communication system units, guidance, navigation and control as well as enclosure and wire harness development.
- Provide engineering expertise in the area of design, development and test space hardened avionics hardware that will support the functions of our launch vehicles and spacecraft
- Duties include subsystem design and prototyping, schematic capture, prototype bring-up and debugging, hardware bug tracking, functional verification and signal characterization. In addition, support through production and test is expected.
- Managing and mentoring other hardware development engineers on the team.
- Scoping out projects and man power effort estimation
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on electronics development and 2+ years of experience in a technical leadership position.
- 3+ years of experience with analog, digital or mixed-signal design principles including designs using operational amplifiers, filters , and transistors
- Previous experience in design and development of analog to digital and digital to analog converters, power supply components and design, analog testing/troubleshooting techniques, and signal integrity, layout and grounding principles
- Previous experience with programming languages (C/ C++, Matlab, Python)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Masters of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent area of focus
- Experience in fast-paced iterative design environments within the consumer electronics, mobile handset, medical devices, or automotive industries
- Ability to work across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- To work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.