SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Surface plate work/inspection
- Inspect supplied product according to the applicable drawing and or work order specifications to verify that it conforms to all design requirements
- Perform repetitive inspection following standardized methods
- Perform receiving inspections, first article inspections, and production inspections
- In-Process Inspection: Visual and/or dimensional inspection of precision machined and sheet metal parts
- Interact proactively with other departments to improve products and reduce cost
- Document production non-conformances in accordance with prescribed procedures and processes as required
- Support Quality Management System policies and procedure documentation, assess compliance to company and industry standards, initiate and lead continual improvement and Lean Manufacturing initiatives
- Work in a cross functional environment utilizing PC-DMIS programming skills as applied to an Articulating Romer ARM and CMMs
- Create, maintain and verify CMM programs used for the measurements of manufactured and supplied parts
- Performs documentation review and verification of certifications, specifications, and conformance to design and specification requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 years of experience in precision mechanical inspection using PC-DMIS software
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- ISO 9001 / AS9100 experience
- CMM experience with PC-DMIS software experience
- NC inspection experience with PC-DMIS NC/ CAPPS NC
- Romer Arm experience with Verisurf/ PCDMIS software
- Solid computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- DCC (Direct Computer Control) experience
- Statistical process controls experience a plus
- Ability to detect design and drawing flaws
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specification using ASME Y14.5. GD&T and skillful use of metrology tools and gauges
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to work all shift hours, able to work overtime and weekend as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.