Business Intelligence Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Business Intelligence Engineer
The Enterprise Data Architecture team is responsible for designing and developing the enterprise database architecture, data warehouse and reports. We are part of a larger group called EIS (Enterprise Information Systems) that writes the software that builds rockets and powers SpaceX. We are responsible for all of the software on the factory floor, the warehouses, the financial systems, the restaurant, and even the public home page. Elon called us the "nervous system" of SpaceX because we connect all of the other teams at SpaceX to ensure that the entire rocket building process runs smoothly.
The successful candidate will be responsible for enterprise integration and report development starting with gathering business requirements, development, testing, and deployment. The successful candidate must also have the ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical resources.
• Produce complex ad-hoc queries and reports using T-SQL, SSRS, and Tableau
• Design and develop data extracts using SSIS
• Gather user requirements and perform business analysis
• Data Warehouse development
• Develop detailed test conditions and test cases to ensure quality of queries and reports
• Research and troubleshoot data questions
• Collaborate on problem resolution, team decisions and project planning
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or technical discipline
• 3+ years of T-SQL query writing (MS SQL Server 2012 Enterprise)
• 3+ years business intelligence tool experience with SSRS, Tableau, SSIS and SSAS
• 3+ years of data analysis and requirements gathering
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• High degree of accuracy along with attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to meet deadlines
• Strong knowledge of manufacturing business processes
• Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
• Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS)
• Big Data experience
• To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.