2nd Shift Electrician
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Install or repair any of a variety of electrical equipment such as motor control centers, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment
- Preventive maintenance on panels, computer/server rooms and all other aspects of electrical maintenance, repair and troubleshooting
- Read and implement schematics and blueprints working with other on-site facilities personnel
- Install and program automation devices
- Install connectors, connector pins, terminals and lugs
- Troubleshoot all new and existing electrical lines and all new and existing machinery
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in commercial equipment wiring, maintenance and repair
- Experience with 3 phase electrical systems
- Experience with 480/277 volt and 208/120 volt systems
- State of California Journeyman Certification
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Training and/or experience in basic operation of soldering wires and connectors, operation of various crimping tools, wire stripping, ohm’s law, and continuity testing
- Ability to use a variety of electrician’s hand tools including sawzall, conduit bender, clamp on current meter, and wire tugger, jig saw, hydraulic punch, hand punch, hack saw, multimeter, and spade lug crimper, as well as other measuring and testing instruments
- Ability to complete work according to compliance regulations as work may be subject to review by an electrical engineer for general compliance with accepted practices
- Demonstrated skill in practicing safety requirements and OSHA standards when working with hazardous energy, heavy loads, and when working overhead
- Working knowledge of construction and building codes, technology and standards
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small opening and climbing hand over hand, lifting 25 lbs, and working on ladders/lifts at elevated heights
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.