SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Operate crawler cranes, preferably 999 Manitowoc with long luffer
- Precisely place one off, non-replaceable loads in a certain areas with crane
- Tear down and build knowledge of a 999 Manitowoc
- Operate different cranes when the job dictates it (65ton-150 ton Grove RT and 999 all new cranes)
- Inspect and maintain hydraulic and crawler cranes (65ton and 150RT ton and 999 crawler)
- Perform different rigging challenges as different jobs prevail
- Tilt, dip and turn suspended loads to maneuver over, under and/or around obstacles using multi-point suspension techniques
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- This is not a sit in the crane cab for 10 hours a day environment. This position requires the operator to assist with rigging, driving fork lifts, and assisting wherever needed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO) Crane Operator Certification is required (LBC-TLL)Preferred Skills and Experience:
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 5 years of experience operating crawler cranes and hydraulic cranes
- 5 years of experience in rigging, certified rigger
- Experience working with delicate lifting operations (found in the Wind Farm or Power Plant/Oil Refinery industry) highly preferred
- Experience with tear down and build of a 999 Manitowoc
- NCCER (National Center for Construction Education and Research) Rigging Certification
- Understanding of all rigging equipment – shackles, straps, slings, rope, hoists, etc.
- Ability to calculate and determine appropriate lifting equipment
- Strong working knowledge of lifting signals and communications
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Must be available to work overtime and weekends when needed
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small opening and climbing hand over hand, lifting 30 lbs., and working on ladders/lifts at elevated heights
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Typically 50 hour work weeks, schedule varies depending on site operational needs, flexibility required
- A valid Driver’s License and able to obtain a CA License
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.