SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
You will be part of multidisciplinary team that will contribute to the following:
- Design of advanced antenna and feed systems in support of next generation products.
- Fabricate and characterize prototypes of antennas, feed systems and RF front ends.
- Contribute different aspects of the integration of the antennas into spacecraft and other systems.
- Bachelors of Science degree in electrical engineering.
- 1+ year research or development experience in the general areas of RF and Antennas (internship and thesis work acceptable).
- 1+ years of experience using one of the 3D EM simulation tools such as CST, HFSS, FEKO, SEMCAD, EMPro, TICRA or XFDTD.
- 1+ years of experience with basic RF concepts such as impedance matching, linear and aperture antennas, smith chart, power handling metrics (IIP2, IMD), microwave network analysis, RF filter design.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters of Science or PhD in electrical engineering with some research/thesis work on RF or antennas.
- Familiar with one of the mainstream RF circuit simulation tools: AWR, ADS, Genesys.
- Familiar with antenna prototyping tools and techniques.
- Familiar with antenna measurement techniques and tools such as anechoic/reverb chambers, near field EM measurements.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.