Associate Engineer - Post Grad Spring 2018 (Irvine)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
As an Associate Engineer - Post Grad, you will be responsible for both autonomously and collaboratively working on actual space hardware development projects. You will be challenged to think creatively, independently, and intellectually to design hardware, gaining invaluable hands-on technical experience. This is not an ordinary “internship” – you will be given as much responsibility as our full-time engineers and will be an integral part of the team. We will rely on you to come up with creative solutions to real aerospace challenges and depend upon your contributions to space hardware development projects.
ASSOCIATE ENGINEER – POST GRAD PROGRAM SPRING 2018 (IRVINE, CA)
Satellite Development: Our Satellite Development team located in Irvine, CA brings together the brightest minds in RFIC design, digital signal processing, FPGA, Board Design, lab verification, programming and package modeling.
Majors represented are mainly: Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Computer Science
- Completed a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university or college within the past 6 months by start of employment or currently enrolled in a graduate program
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Hands-on experience through lab research, project teams, prior internship or work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment, accomplishing tasks with limited resources at a rapid pace
- Intermediate skill level using Windows Operations Systems
- Intermediate skill level using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be able to work full time for a minimum of 12 consecutive weeks beginning in January/March 2018
- Must pass background check with satisfactory results to SpaceX
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.