SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Utilizes basic inspection equipment such as rulers, calipers, micrometers & profilometers.
- Approves or rejects raw materials, piece part components, sub-assemblies and top-level deliverable products into inventory based on required vs. provided documentation.
- Performs documentation review and verification of certifications, specifications, and conformance to design requirements.
- Communicates with internal customers, procurement, quality assurance and suppliers to resolve inspection discrepancies.
- Uses in-house ERP/MRP system to receive parts into inventory and provide accurate routing to next demanded location (inventory, next work order, supplier, etc.).
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 1 year in a receiving inspector role in a manufacturing environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Capable of operating a forklift and other related inventory equipment.
- Receiving, precision, mechanical, or metrological inspection experience required.
- Experience within the aerospace, automotive, semiconductor, or electronic fields.
- Experience detecting design and drawing flaws.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications using ASME Y14.5.
- Experience with GD&T.
- Comfortable using metrology tools and gauges.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to perform physical tasks such as standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying.
- Must be open to working all required shift hours, including overtime, and weekends, as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.