User Experience Designer
User Experience Engineer
As a User Experience Engineer at SpaceX you will shape user-centric products that are critical to the development and execution of a space mission. You will work closely with other SpaceX engineers and UI/UX designers to better understand their needs in order to create applications that anticipate and solve important problems they face. Propulsion engineers, hardware designers, rocket scientists and others throughout the company will marvel at the simplicity and usability of the user interfaces you create. Your work will revolutionize the productivity of the engineering community at SpaceX and directly impact our ability to launch orbital rockets frequently, safely and reliably.
- Create aesthetically and functionally flawless user experiences.
- Deliver impeccable wireframes, flow charts, visual designs, prototypes, and style guides.
- Interface with other engineers to plan and organize the development of our products.
- Influence how and what we build with demonstrated product design expertise.
- Execute user research and requirements gathering for new and existing products.
- Understand the underlying technology of our products.
- Manage the release life cycle and feature roadmap of our products.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in design (e.g. visual communications, interaction, graphic, product, industrial), human-computer interaction, OR computer science.
- 4+ years of experience designing user-facing software products.
- Experience producing visual and interaction design deliverables using Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Balsamiq, or other computer-based design application.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Expert knowledge of core design principles with portfolio reflecting a strong, clean design sense.
- Experience leading collaborative design process for multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience conducting usability research and acceptance testing.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Must provide work samples and/or link to portfolio.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.