SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Work in a team of thermal engineers to solve spacecraft thermal related problems.
- Identify and analyze all thermal load conditions for satellite vehicle lifetime; launch, orbit raising, in-orbit operation.
- Work in a multi-disciplined engineering team to ensure all components meet their temperature requirements.
- Deliver thermal solutions that meet all operational and mass / cost target criteria, with development schedules.
- Support thermal testing of components by developing test setups, writing test procedures, analyzing data and correlating thermal models to test data.
- Bachelor of Science in aerospace or mechanical engineering.
- 2+ years of work experience in space mission thermal analyses or satellite thermal architect roles.
- 2+ years of experience with the analysis, techniques and methods for satellite spacecraft thermal control systems.
- 2+ years of experience in correlation of model predictions and terrestrial testing to launch conditions and in-orbit performance.
- 2+ years of experience in analysis tools.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency with Thermal Desktop.
- Highly aware of and familiar with the various bus and payload design drivers and their operational limits; (Antennas, RF Payloads, Batteries, ADCS, Avionics, Solar Array, Structure, ISLs, Propulsion etc), and coordinating subsystem analyses into a system level solution.
- Experience with Unigraphics NX CAD system and Matlab desirable.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Able to travel to travel to other SpaceX sites as needed
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.