SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Develop system models and simulations of the SpaceX satellite network. Use results to develop and optimize system configuration, performance, design and deployment options and real time radio and network resource allocation algorithms.
- Define and translate concepts, identify architectural technical requirements, participate in system design, development, prototyping, demonstration and testing efforts, validate and verify design specifications, document requirements, review and critique system verification plan / procedures, and analyze system performance vs. requirements and user needs.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, mathematics, physics, or computer science.
- 2+ years of experience with analytic and computational methods.
- 4+ years of C++/Python or object-oriented design skills.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Expertise in high dimensional optimization, communication systems, networks, protocols, fault and performance monitoring, strong understanding of spacecraft and astrodynamics.
- Master of Science or PhD in engineering, mathematics, physics or computer science.
- Solved complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team.
- Able to ramp quickly on new technologies.
- Able to deal with ambiguity; ability to perform trade studies using first principles and engineering fundamentals to make clear recommendations even with partial information.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.