Launch Engineer, RF and Communications Systems (Cape Canaveral)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LAUNCH ENGINEER, RF AND COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS (CAPE CANAVERAL)
- Design, construct, and maintain:
- Operational voice (wired and wireless) intercom systems
- Video cameras and video distribution systems
- High speed imaging systems
- Timing systems (GPS timing receivers, IRIG-B and CS-5 count distribution)
- Public address systems
- Cable plant (copper and fiber optic) infrastructure
- Configure and operate spacecraft RF re-radiation and RF-over-fiber systems
- Help SpaceX achieve its long-term goal of creating the world’s first fully automated launch system capable of rolling the vehicle to the pad, raising it to position, fueling the vehicle, and executing a full launch sequence within a 1-hour time window
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering or electrical engineering
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in an engineering discipline
- Experience or coursework with RF systems
- Experience or coursework with communications systems, particularly RTS Intercom
- Familiarity with analog/power/communications with experience or coursework in analog or digital circuits, control theory, and communications
- Able to work well in an integrated collaborative team environment including daily interactions with technicians, engineers, and managers
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
- Position is subject to pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing
- Occasional travel may be required
- Physical effort including standing, lifting and carrying moderately heavy materials or equipment
- Willing to work long hours and weekends as needed
- Must pass Cape Canaveral Air Force Station background check
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.