Sr. Firmware Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer as SpaceX you will join the SpaceX avionics team, developing flight control firmware for the Falcon 9 launch vehicle and the Dragon space capsule. The team is developing highly reliable avionics systems, which include; vehicle housekeeping, mission event sequencing, guidance, navigation and control, rendezvous and docking, communications networking, and fault detection, isolation & recovery. Successful applicants will take responsibility for the development, testing and deployment of mission-critical avionics systems as part of a close-knit team of exceptional software engineers.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, engineering, math or science discipline. 2 additional years of work experience required if you don’t have a Bachelor of Science degree.
- 6+ years of experience delivering fault tolerant embedded software.
- Development experience in C, C++, and embedded software development.
- 2+ years of microprocessor development experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience programming and testing high reliability, safety critical, and fault tolerant systems.
- Significant understanding of embedded software principals and ability to contribute in design sessions.
- Experience writing software for real-time systems.
- Working experience of microprocessor technology including (but not limited to); PowerPC, ARM, OMAP, etc.
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.