Manager of Product Management - Manufacturing/ERP Systems
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Manager of Product Management – Manufacturing/ERP Systems
We don't just build our own rockets; we also build our own business software. Warp is our proprietary ERP system, which manages the company’s supply chain, manufacturing, mission and costing activities; Elon has called us the “nervous system” of SpaceX. We are seeking an individual driven to make cutting edge solutions trying to revolutionize and modernize the way rockets and satellites are made.
Your opportunity at SpaceX: Every day is a new challenge, and as a Manager of Product Management at SpaceX, you will manage a team of talented individuals that greatly influence the direction of our software to meet the changing demands of one of the most agile aerospace companies on the market. It’s no secret that SpaceX’s goals are big – these goals directly correlate to the manufacturing, launch and mission management systems we put in place.
- Provide direction and leadership to the team of product managers and systems analysts to ensure a high volume of productivity, alignment with business priorities as well as adherence to Company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Lead and empower a team of individuals who will guide the organization in building best in class products and software applications.
- Lead this team to define, document and deploying process change and associated systems capabilities.
- Provide frequent feedback, both positive and constructive. Remove roadblocks wherever necessary or escalating when appropriate.
- By example, enable the team to work in a collaborative way with other groups within EIS such as Development, Design, DevOps and others.
- Define, maintain and communicate the roadmap of functional and technology changes being driven by the business and EIS stakeholders.
- Grow this team with the organization to meet needs and requirements.
- Completed bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience operating as a software product manager or similar technical product leadership experience.
- 2+ years of experience managing a group of direct reports.
- Experience in manufacturing or with leading the development of ERP/MRP systems.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- Experience managing and mentoring product managers.
- Track record of getting things done quickly and with high quality.
- Ability to be flexible and flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- A self-starter and possess excellent motivation, leadership, and ingenuity.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority or structure.
- ERP and related systems development or implementation such as Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Warehouse Management System (WMS), Quality Management and Execution Systems (QMS & QES), Supply Chain, Human Resources and Financial Systems.
- Database knowledge especially Microsoft SQL.
- Familiar with SCRUM/Agile development (or similar).
- Experience working with a development team to create and maintain software solutions.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills with the ability to create original and creative solutions.
- Excellent teamwork skills highlighting the ability to work well with and around various types of personalities.
- Strong sense of customer service.
- Technical background, with some experience in software development and databases.
- Excellent written, verbal and phone communications skills.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.