CNC VTL Machinist
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
CNC VTL Machinist
- Perform set-ups of CNC VTL Lathes in a state-of-the-art, air-conditioned machine shop with brand new machines
- Perform various machining operations primarily on prototype work or tooling
- Make machine adjustments that may be required, check dimensions, etc. to insure conformance to drawings
- Setup machines to precise tolerances and operate various types of machinery in production following established procedures
- Select proper tooling to perform required manufacturing operations.
- Machine precision fixtures, tools and product from drawings, in accordance with established procedures, with limited supervision
- High school diploma or GED
- 5 years’ experience setting up and operating CNC Vertical Turning Lathe machines
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 10 years of VTL (Vertical Turning Lathe) experience
- Ability to read accurately and write clearly, perform basic arithmetic calculations accurately
- Experience in shop math, tooling technology, blueprint reading and measurement of parts
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to work all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed
- Capable of lifting up to 50lbs. unassisted
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching may be required to perform the functions of this position
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.