SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Set up, operate and program 5-Axis CNC mills
- Drill, tap and mill complex, tight tolerance parts and various materials
- Complete machining operations from blueprints, drawings and/or verbal instructions
- Make machine adjustments that may be required such as, checking dimensions to ensure conformance to drawings
- High school diploma or GED
- 5 years of experience in set up, operation and programming of CNC mill machines
- Experience with 5-axis mills machining aluminum, stainless, titanium, Inconel
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with 5 axis programming
- Understanding of Siemens 840D controller
- Understanding of Okuma OSP controller
- Understanding of on-machine touch probes
- Ability to read and work off a blueprint
- Able to lift 25lbs. unassisted
- Available to work overtime
- Able to stand for extended periods- 8 hours minimum
- Able to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces
- Repetitive movement, twisting, physical dexterity with tools or controls, and tolerance of sounds and noise levels are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.