Production Control Scheduler
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Production Control Scheduler
- Provide tactical scheduling and strategic long range planning expertise to our production teams
- Coordinate, review, plan and schedule input from engineering, propulsion, avionics, manufacturing, suppliers, and business development to develop and maintain Integrated Master Plans (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) for programs using Microsoft Project or applicable software as required
- Ensures MRP dates align with current vehicle products
- Utilize our Factory Scheduler application and other applicable tools to ensure work is scheduled and prioritized accurately and efficiently, and resources allocated appropriately
- Prepare daily work schedules, track work progress, update project critical path schedules, and advise leadership of needed adjustments to daily work activities
- Perform schedule baseline change control, collection and tracking performance, critical path analysis and variance analysis as required
- Ensure fixture, tooling, and test equipment requirements are properly scheduled to facilitate an efficient production process
Production Process Support:
- Schedule production, operations planning, and engineering support to eliminate obstacles and deliver product on time
- Remain abreast and knowledgeable regarding applicable facilities and manpower
- Coordinate team needs with any support organizations applicable
- Lead efforts to uncover root-cause and develop permanent resolution on issues found during product builds as required
- Identify and support improvement opportunities for product yield, quality, safety, cost and team efficiency
- Develop and Support efforts to streamline assigned value streams and automate production processes as applicable
- Organize and communicate the daily priorities to production coordinators, team leads and supervisors as required
- Provide daily visibility, weekly status, and monthly reviews on schedule performance
- Develop and analyze metrics that tie production to enterprise goals as required
- Create and use tools using queries and Excel to highlight shortages and determine schedule risks
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of manufacturing scheduling experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2 years of scheduling experience with MS Project or similar scheduling software
- 4 years of practical experience with ERP/MRP systems in a production environment
- Familiarity with lean principles, six sigma and Kaizan
- Project management professional certification
- Experience writing queries with SQL
- Must be available for all shifts, extended hours, and weekends as needed
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs unassisted
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.