Production Supervisor - Spacecraft Propulsion
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Production Supervisor – Spacecraft Propulsion
- Supervise shop floor activity, including daily schedules and workflow. Outline weekly goals based off vehicle needs.
- Resolve Material Review Board issues.
- Lead and manage a staff of ~30 technicians including all performance management related tasks.
- Screen & interview potential technicians.
- Review work instructions and make change recommendations when needed.
- Responsible for assessing & vetting the appropriate skillset needed.
- Identifying training needs and developing training programs.
- Provide required data & reporting to support departmental metrics and improvement objectives.
- Monitor labor hours and overtime, and implement improvement plans and time management with staff.
- Enforce Company Attendance, performance, and compliance policies.
- Accomplishes production results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job results.
- Maintains workflow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods.
- Develop and Implement cost reductions processes and efficiency improvement measures.
- Initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Production risk identification and mitigation.
- Ensure product quality and conformance to specifications.
- Maintain tooling and consumable supply inventory.
- Continuously optimizes work center layout.
- Improve area safety and efficiency through regular auditing and continuous improvement.
- Continuously improving process and manpower efficiency, utilization and productivity.
- Minimum of 2 years in a leadership position.
- Minimum of 6 years in final assembly and production, in aviation, aerospace, or systems with comparable complexity and high reliability.
- Experience with applying lean manufacturing principles, efficiency methods required.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
- A&P license preferred.
- 8 years of experience in final assembly and production in a fast paced aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Experience bringing teams and processes from development to production desirable.
- Familiarity with Design for Manufacturability, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and Failure Mode Effects Analysis.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with Engineering and Production.
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast paced work environment.
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to travel for short and extended trips as needed. Up to 5% travel.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.