Launch Technician - Vehicle Refurbishment
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Launch Technician – Vehicle Refurbishment
- Stage, set up, assemble, test and install flight hardware.
- Able to use precision calibrated tools – torque wrenches, micrometers and calipers.
- Hands-on operations with both large as well as small, fragile assemblies.
- Able to read and interpret blue prints.
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications and test instructions.
- Able to use various mechanical tools without instruction.
- Collaborate with launch engineers to develop and document activities.
- Ensure launch services are performed on time, safely and in a professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in aerospace or aviation integration processes.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- SpaceX experience/Falcon 9 Vehicle integration experience.
- Associates degree.
- Airframe & Powerplant or Aerospace Technology certification.
- Ability to perform hydrostatic and pneumatic testing.
- Knowledge of pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices; mechanical and electrical systems.
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery and various hand and power tools requiring manual dexterity.
- Demonstrated ability in reading/understanding technical drawings, manuals and reports.
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
- Experience with forklifts, cranes and heavy equipment.
- Must be willing to travel. Up to 50%.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces.
- Must be willing to work all hours and overtime as required.
- Must pass Cape Canaveral Air Force Station background check.
- Willingness to relocate to any SpaceX launch site locations.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.