Electrical Engineer - Facilities
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Electrical Engineer - Facilities
SpaceX is preparing to launch at an incredible launch tempo out of multiple launch complexes and processes more Payloads than ever. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Facilities and Construction, the Electrical Engineer will create all construction documents for capital projects involving electrical services.
- Manage the planning and construction document phases for all electrical engineering projects
- Create construction document packages that meet all applicable codes and can be permitted, bid and constructed from
- Manage draftsman to create preliminary plan studies and construction documentation
- Coordinate, lead, and plan meetings with production, engineering, and construction operation teams
- Execute engineering projects against the approved SpaceX standards
- Partner with facility supervisors to develop and maintain all standards
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships for material specifications
- Review construction progress in partnership with the SpaceX construction project managers
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- Minimum 5 years of practice as a licensed engineer in the state of California
- Ability to create code compliant construction documents
- Excellent understanding of applicable building codes
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of building management and automated facilities monitoring systems and processes including: HVAC systems, fluid plumbing systems, high-power electrical systems, telecommunications infrastructure, fire suppression systems, generators, above and underground fuel storage systems, and other facility and grounds requirements
- Previous experience with industrial facilities capital planning and construction
- Multi state licensure, specifically Washington, Florida, and Texas
- Demonstrated innovative and futuristic thinking to drive continuous improvement
- Demonstrated the ability to independently and effectively manage projects in an extremely fast paced and changing environment; kept projects on time, dealt with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and worked with a diverse array of contacts
- Ability to work long hours and some nights and weekend
- Comfortable with working in a high-stress environment balancing several projects at any given time, as well as the ability to absorb and re-plan for abrupt changes in strategic direction
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.