Manager, Architectural Services
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Manager, Architectural Services
SpaceX is preparing to launch at an incredible tempo out of multiple launch complexes and process more Payloads than ever. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Facilities and Construction, the Manager of Architectural Services will create all construction documents for capital projects.
- Manage the planning and construction document phases for all capital projects
- Create architectural construction document packages that meet all applicable codes and can be permitted, bid and constructed from
- Coordinate Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Structural Engineering disciplines, whether in house or outsourced, to prevent constructability issues between disciplines
- Manage draftsman as required to create preliminary plan studies and construction documentation
- Coordinate and lead, as required, planning meetings with production, engineering, and construction operation teams
- Execute capital projects against the approved 5 year strategic plan
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships for materials and furniture specifications
- Develop and maintain SpaceX approved architectural standards documentation
- Lead construction administration efforts in partnership with the SpaceX construction project managers
- Help define and create long term space planning efforts in partnership with the Facilities space planning team
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture
- Minimum 5 years of practice as a licensed architect
- Experience with creating code compliant construction documents
- Experience with fire/life safety, building, and ADA codes
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Active licensed architect in the state of California
- Knowledge and understanding of building management and automated facilities monitoring systems and processes including: HVAC systems, fluid plumbing systems, high-power electrical systems, telecommunications infrastructure, fire suppression systems, generators, above and underground fuel storage systems, and other facility and grounds requirements
- Previous experience with industrial facilities capital planning and construction
- Multi state licensure (specifically Washington, Florida and Texas)
- Demonstrate innovative and futuristic thinking to drive continuous improvement
- Demonstrate the ability to independently and effectively manage projects in an extremely fast paced and changing environment; keep projects on time, deal with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and work with a diverse array of contacts
- Must be comfortable working in a high-stress environment balancing several projects at any given time, as well as able to absorb and re-plan for abrupt changes in strategic direction
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.