Process Improvement Engineer - Material Delivery Systems
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Process Improvement Engineer – Material Delivery Systems
The SpaceX Supply Chain department is a critical player in our operations. To capitalize on our technical and market success, our team will execute large-scale projects that will define the bottom-line for the company. The functions within the department include procurement, planning and fulfillment, supplier development and quality, logistics, and inventory. As SpaceX becomes the overall market leader, they will position us to maximize valuation, fuel growth, and ensure achievement.
As a Process Improvement Engineer in Delivery Systems, your role would identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement, embed yourself with the related cross-functional and operational groups, and lead the resulting projects to completion. Our goal in Delivery Systems is to become a leader in material management performance with smart routing practices, efficient material movement, and an adaptable system that can service our wide range of requirements.
To be successful, you will need:
- A passion for continuous improvement and a patience to shepherd ideas from initial requirements through execution.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and step into unknown situations to understand the current state of operations and most optimal path forward.
- An ability to lead groups in creating and refining ideas or solutions to problems, communicating the benefits of change to multiple levels of the organization, and keeping related projects on track.
- Embed yourself in operational Delivery Systems groups to identify, prioritize, and lead projects to completion; Take responsibility for the success and sustainability of actions.
- Lead the development, execution, and continuous improvement of key Delivery Systems initiatives that enable the strategic vision.
- Pull and transform data to understand and communicate current activities, and build a business case for improvement efforts.
- Develop existing and future state process flows.
- Work with software team to develop requirements for any necessary enterprise system changes – enabling significant processing time reductions while increasing capability.
- Present ideas, project details, and status to leadership.
- Develop policies, standards, processes, and documentation as necessary to ensure continued success and transferability after project completion.
- Utilize Six Sigma problem solving tools to identify opportunities, build the business case around the issues, and execute the improvement projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field from an ABET accredited university.
- 2+ years of experience in supply chain, logistics, transportation, and/or inventory management.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree engineering or supply chain.
- Good written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Ability to operate autonomously and self-direct.
- Experience with SQL, software development & project management, process flow mapping, material planning systems, warehouse management systems, lean production environments.
- Track record of thinking big, aligning teams and organizations behind a goal, and executing with sustained results.
- Position may involve long hours and weekend work as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.