Material Transfer Driver
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Material Transfer Driver
- Performs loading, driving, and unloading of manufacturing, test, and support items within a 2.5-mile radius of SpaceX main
- Safely load trucks at pickup points and transport truckload to destination following the rules of the road at all times
- Safely load and unload trucks at designated drop off points
- Responsible for ensuring truckload contents are secure for safe and undamaged delivery to destination
- Responsible for scanning barcodes meeting business WMS requirements
- Review all documentation for correct items to be delivered as well as precise delivery area
- Maintain all applicable documents (paperwork) related to items being delivered to ensure they are not damaged during delivery
- Monitor service records of the vehicle when driving and report all problems to manager immediately
- Responsible for the cleanliness of vehicle and refueling when low
- In case of emergency contact immediate supervisor and provide detailed information to remedy issue
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years of trucking experience, preferably with customer-service oriented delivery background
- Valid California Class C License and clean DMV record
- Counter-balance sit-down forklift experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Material handling and Stake Bed driving experience (Under 26k GVW)
- Experience driving for a high volume manufacturing environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong customer-service delivery background
- Forklift certification or the ability to obtain one
- Ability to work all required ours, weekends and off-shift with minimal notice
- Ability to lift 25-30 lbs.
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000