SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
GNC Mission Design Engineer
- Perform trajectory design, optimization, and dispersion analysis for Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy launch vehicle missions
- Implementation of new software or algorithms to support mission unique capabilities
- Selection of flight constants and guidance parameters
- Post flight data review and correlation with analyses for continued improvement of predictions
- Analysis to verify compliance with contractual mission requirements including direct customer interface
- Documentation of analysis and test results with a focus on automation and efficiency of reporting
- Launch and mission operations support
- Testing of flight software
- Bachelor's degree in aerospace engineering or other engineering discipline
- Experience with orbital mechanics, classical dynamics, modeling and simulation, and the software languages C++ and Python
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated project or professional experience in launch vehicle and/or spacecraft systems
- Capable of solving complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.