Material Planning Systems Analyst
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Material Planning Systems Analyst
The SpaceX Supply Chain department is a critical player in our operations. To capitalize on our technical and market success, our team will execute large-scale projects that will define the bottom-line for the company. The Operations Planning department is a function within Supply Chain responsible for manifest planning, demand planning, and supply creation to enable production flow. One must also be able to analyze and interpret data and report to senior leadership to influence the organization. Help us build rockets reliably, cost-efficiently, and on-time!
- Integrates with all levels of the business to understand the current processes and identify systematic gaps for the department
- Perform diversified analytical duties related to the identification and resolution of Supply Chain challenges associated with department projects to meet schedules
- Trains users and leaders on system developments, assists in troubleshooting
- Collaborates cross-functionally to develop automation that mitigates business risk or creates efficiencies
- Develop standardized metrics for the production and quality organizations
- Conducts in-depth analyses through SQL queries and other data analysis methods to dive into problems and identify trends for decision making
- Owns report maintenance and data integrity for Supply Chain team, troubleshooting with other departments as necessary
- Creates reports, tools, and standardized metrics for operational measurement and improvement, using software such as Tableau
- Compile regular Supply Chain reports, review and analyze for solutions to unsatisfactory trends
- Support department continuous improvement projects such as new process rollouts, standardization, and furnishing information as directed
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited university or college in business, supply chain, management information systems, computer information systems, computer science, engineering, or similar technical discipline
- 2+ years of experience in supply chain reporting, analytics, and data warehousing
- Experience with SQL and creating dashboards
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Effective project management skills
- Advanced understanding of database structures, SQL query, and Tableau
- Exposure to ERP systems
- Experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Ability to identify and maintain priorities for tasks and projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment, both independently and with a team
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across disciplines and with multiple levels of management
- Comfortable with Microsoft Suite
- Position may involve long hours and weekend work as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.