Quality Source Inspector - CMM
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Quality Source Inspector - CMM
- Travel up to 95% of the time to perform visual and dimensional inspections on manufactured parts, assemblies, and/or sub-assemblies at supplier sites
- Perform documentation review and verification of certifications, specifications, and conformance to design and specification requirements
- Inspect flight hardware at the supplier according to engineering drawings, purchase order(s), industry standards, and SpaceX specifications
- Perform the inspection on mechanical parts, components, assemblies and materials. May include but is not limited to purchased parts, in-process and final assemblies, and materials for workmanship and conformance to specifications / drawings
- Ensure that all parts meet SpaceX specifications and standards or that any non-conformance is documented at the supplier
- Support the development of inspection plans at suppliers
- Support supplier corrective action process, including verifying corrective action implementation
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience with receiving inspection, dimensional inspection and CMM inspection using PCDMIS programming language
- Ability to read and interpret design drawings and CAD models
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong GD&T knowledge through experience and/or formal training
- Experience with inspection equipment such as micrometer, calipers, profilometer, etc.
- ISO9001/AS9100/9102 (First Article Inspection) experience
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office products and CAD
- Experience with Romer Arm
- Precision mechanical inspection experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, efficient, trustworthy and able to work with limited supervision
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Position may involve long hours and weekend work as needed
- Frequent travel to suppliers required. Valid driver’s license mandatory
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000