Manufacturing Engineer - Subassemblies, Mechanisms, & Structures
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Manufacturing Engineer – Subassemblies, Mechanisms, & Structures
- Drive efficient manufacturing on schedule through collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of engineers (design, build, and reliability), internal production teams, and external vendors
- Facilitate production of flight-qualified structures at increasing production rate while reducing cost
- Develop and revise production processes, procedures, equipment, tooling, and layout
- Resolve complex manufacturing defects and eliminate root cause
- Perform in-process product verification, review and presentation of technical data
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Aerospace, Manufacturing or Industrial engineering from ABET accredited institution
- 2+ years of mechanical design and manufacturing experience from either industry OR collegiate engineering projects such as Formula SAE, Baja SAE, or Design Build Fly
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in process development, value stream layout, PFMEA, and Error-Proofing.
- Experience with Unigraphics and Teamcenter CAD and PDM systems for component and tooling design
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes for metallic aerospace materials
- Expertise transitioning products from prototype manufacturing through volume production including Design for Manufacture and Assembly
- This is a hands-on position that requires one to be on their feet for up to 4+ hours a day
- Will sometimes be working directly with the hardware on the floor and will have to be comfortable stooping, bending, and standing
- Must be willing to work long hours and weekends as necessary
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.