Quality Inspector - Composites Structures and Integration (2nd Shift)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Quality Inspector – Composites Structures and Integration (2nd shift)
- Provide detailed in-process inspections on launch vehicle composite components, using detailed drawings, CAD models, and established processes to verify conformance to manufacturing and design requirements.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are complied with for the receiving and storage of composite raw materials.
- Document production non-conformances in accordance with prescribed procedures and processes as required.
- Support Quality Management System policies and procedure documentation, assess compliance to company and industry standards, initiate and lead continual improvement and Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Support the Material Review Board (MRB) process by documenting and managing non-conformances.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in composite component fabrication OR other manufacturing environment.
- 2 years of experience with AS 9100, ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949, ISO 13485, or similar Quality Management System.
- 2 years of experience reading and interpreting design drawings and CAD models.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree in a technical or engineering field or 5+ years of experience in a Quality, Inspection, or Manufacturing role.
- A&P license.
- Strong understanding of composite layup laser alignment and composite ply cutting systems.
- Ability to read and interpret cure reports vendor supplied conformance certifications.
- Practical experience with GD&T and skillful use of metrology tools and gauges.
- Experience with Integration.
- Experience working with, manufacturing enterprise resource systems, electronic databases, and paperless work instructions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with engineering and production groups.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, and capable of managing priorities and tasks as delegated.
- Strong understanding of safety programs and OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Experience with AS 9100, ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949, ISO 13485, or similar Quality Management System.
- Must be able to work all shifts, overtime and weekend hours, as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours minimum.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and able to maneuver in tight spaces.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.