Supplier Quality Specialist - Composites Inspection Program
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars
SUPPLIER QUALITY SPECIALIST – COMPOSITES INSPECTION PROGRAMS
- Develop, deploy and maintain supplier inspection programs for SpaceX composites suppliers
- Collaborate with procurement team to strategically source parts matched with supplier competencies
- Implement and monitor production part approval process with selected suppliers
- Assure supplier understanding of product and submission requirements
- Develop and approve process controls to control critical characteristics
- Recommend technical product improvements to reduce risk and potential defect opportunities
- Provide support for receiving inspection by preparing and maintaining inspection plans
- Review and assess supplier manufacturing processes and quality systems. Provide feedback on manufacturing methods and technologies. Manage supplier improvement plans
- Demonstrate innovation, technical excellence, attention to detail, self-direction, & courage
- Drive for results and customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with teams, lead projects, and continuously drive improvement in the supply base
- Completed bachelor’s degree or 7+ years of experience with manufacturing and/or quality assurance processes
- 3+ years of experience with composites, including experience with lamination and subassemblies
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with quality management systems standards (AS9100 and ISO 9001)
- Technical capabilities including knowledge of 2D 'blueprints' and 'model drawings'
- Knowledge of supplier quality processes (production part approval process, advanced product quality planning, first article inspection reports, etc.)
- Skills in GD&T for reading and interpreting blueprints
- Disciplined approach to problem solving - 8D
- Proficient in MS Office applications and report writing
- Knowledge of lean concepts
- Experience with sharing information and influencing others (strong written and verbal communication skills, able to liaise cross functionally, internally and externally, make presentations to team members and management)
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and methods (like design of experiments, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Experience with MRP or ERP systems
- Position may involve long hours and weekend work as needed
- Position may involve up to 75% travel to suppliers as needed
- Valid driver’s license
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.