SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Manage corporate legal affairs
- Oversee corporate governance
- Administer multiple equity incentive plans with stock options, RSUs and restricted stock awards
- Securities regulation compliance
- Manage stock financings and related stockholder relations matters
- Oversee restricted securities transactions
- Other legal duties as assigned, including customer and vendor contract negotiations and real estate transactions
- 4+ years of corporate and securities regulation experience with AmLaw 100 firm(s)
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school
- Active bar membership with ability to register as in-house counsel in Washington DC or California
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10 + years legal counsel experience
- Representation of aerospace/defense contractors
- Familiarity with export compliance laws, government contracts, and basic understanding of the commercial space launch industry
- Experience representing Delaware-incorporated corporations qualified in foreign jurisdictions, including California
- Experience representing boards of directors that include venture capital designees
- Experience with 409A valuations, executive compensation and related tax and accounting matters
- Willing to travel on an occasional basis
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.