SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The CAD Drafter provides support to design engineering by creating, modifying or revising drawings and documentation associated with assemblies that have become implicated by design changes which have introduced new part numbers to the as-designed bill of materials.
- Work with engineers to create 2D drawings from existing 3D models, applying established drawing specifications and standards
- Work with engineers to make updates to existing 3D models, applying established modeling processes and standards
- Create engineering release forms and track the release
- Work closely with engineering procurement, development & project teams to resolve documentation issues during process equipment fabrication, assembly and deployment
- Update existing models and drawings, applying established modeling processes and standards
- Update details of templates and drawing notes to have the latest information on the drawing
- 3+ years of working experience with drafting in CAD software
- Associate's degree and experience in the field or in a related area
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed
- Self-motivated, well organized with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have an ongoing drive for continuous improvement in all aspects of work
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical/Astronautical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial or Production Engineering preferred
- Experience in high production volume industries such as consumer electronics, mobile phones or automotive backgrounds are preferred.
- Some exposure to the design of machined parts
- Familiarity of Mil specs for fasteners, inserts, and plating
- Working knowledge of NX10
- Understanding and proper application of GD&T
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.