SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Responsible for all tasks related to the preparation and packaging of flight modules
- Work with logistics management and other technicians to plan and ensure hardware and supply inventory is available when needed
- Understand and execute written work instructions to ensure operational success, and maintain hardware and shipping equipment according to best shop practices
- Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware malfunctions and use independent judgment to repair hardware
- Develop understanding of preparation and packaging processes to lead operation if required
- Identify inefficiencies and develop processes or identify tools to reduce or eliminate inefficiencies
- Develop and execute strategies for spare parts and new tool installations to increase equipment uptime
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience in the supply chain or transportation industry
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, electrical, and mechanical systems
- 3 years of experience with the rigging, handling or transport of large assemblies
- Hold a Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL)
- Forklift and power equipment experience
- General knowledge of MS Office suite
- Working knowledge of inventory processes
- Must be willing to work all required shift hours, overtime and weekends as needed
- Must be willing to travel 50% of the time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.