SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Space Exploration Technologies is looking for experienced, passionate, and driven team members to launch and grow world class coffee bars inside our corporate facilities. We are searching for candidates who have superior experience working with coffee, espresso, and tea. The current positions are best suited for those with several years of barista experience who poses hands on knowledge of espresso drink preparation, coffee tasting and general coffee bar operations.
- Espresso machine proficiency
- Good customer service skills
- Responsible for preparation of a variety of coffee, tea, and other beverages
- Adhere to proper safety guidelines at all times
- Inventory/Order supplies as needed
- Assist in upkeep of the Café regularly
- Ability to multitask efficiently
- High school diploma or GED
- A valid ServSafe or state issued food handler’s card
- 3 years of barista experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A friendly and customer service attitude
- Ability to work weekends and nights
- Self-motivated and works well with others
- Comfortable with high volume output
- Frequent bending, and stooping
- Able to work in continuously-standing position for five or more hours
- Physically capable of performing manual labor tasks (Lift 30 lbs. from the floor)
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.