SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Create high-quality work orders, engineering masters, and other Manufacturing Resource Planning and Product Lifecycle Management systems elements to manufacture fluid system components. Write, create graphics for, edit, review, and standardize manufacturing planning documents.
- Resolve manufacturing issues, disposition nonconforming parts, perform root cause analysis, and implement robust corrective actions.
- Streamline existing production builds to minimize cost while improving quality and efficiency.
- Support development builds and tests to validate non-conformance conditions and qualify new fluid system manufacturing processes.
- Provide recommendations for tooling design and improvement, based on analysis and data.
- Implement standard practices, troubleshooting guides, and standard repair procedures, including review and approval of planning documents.
- Develop robust plans to ensure that equipment and machine capacity is developed in line with volume production requirements, with a strong emphasis on long-term sustainability.
- Provide inputs to and detailed analysis for the appropriation of capital, using ROI and trade study approaches.
- Manage resources, plan, and interface with other production groups including external vendors, manufacturing engineers, and technicians.
- 2 years of experience in a mechanical manufacturing or process planning role.
- 2 years of experience working in an aerospace manufacturing technician, planning, or direct support role.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline.
- Solid understanding of a variety of manufacturing processes including CNC fabrication, precision cleaning, orbital tube welding (OTW), TIG welding, and assembly.
- Experience taking products through development cycle to full volume production.
- Basic understanding of common manufacturing processes and machines, including mills, lathes, manual and CNC.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Hands-on fabrication experience
- Experience with Design for Manufacturability and Assembly.
- Experience with Siemens NX (UG) and Teamcenter CAD and PDM systems is preferred.
- Process development, facility and line layouts.
- Lean Manufacturing Tools, PFMEA, Value Chain Mapping, Kanban, OEE and 5S.
- Position may require overtime and weekend work.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.