SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Build and maintain the electrical infrastructure of the Vandenberg launch site and landing complex
- Develop project plans with budgets, schedules, and resource allocations
- Develop cost improvement plans and energy reduction programs for overall site sustainability
- Support the launch site high power electrical engineering team by providing design input, field revisions, and developing as-built drawings
- Read and implement schematics and blueprints
- Verify that existing electrical installations comply with codes and regulations and make any necessary improvements
- Monitor electrical installation progress
- Perform electrical designs for various smaller projects under the direction of an electrical engineer
- Troubleshoot and perform maintenance on electrical equipment such as motor control centers, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, conduit systems, and transmission equipment
- Support other facilities, security, and operation teams on special projects
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Licensed journeyman electrician
- 10+ years of work experience in the electrical construction or maintenance industry
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Licensed journeyman electrician in California
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite - Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with electrical design, operation, and troubleshooting of the following: electrical and PLC controls, electrical power distribution systems, switchgear and motor control centers, exterior and interior lighting, uninterruptible power supply (UPS) units, standby and emergency generators, automatic transfer switches, power monitoring hardware and software, data/phone distribution and wiring, building and site grounding systems, variable frequency drives (VFDs), industrial pumps, and control panels
- Working knowledge of power coordination and arc flash
- Technical writing of electrical maintenance procedures and weekly reports
- Experience with enterprise resource planning software
- Ability to prioritize and schedule workloads under pressure
- Positive and motivated leadership and team-building skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- High level of self-motivation, with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small openings, and climbing hand over hand
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to work at elevated heights
- Typically 50 hour work weeks; schedule varies depending on site operational needs, flexibility and willingness to work overtime is required
- Ability to travel as necessary to support launch operations
- Must pass Cape Canaveral Air Force Station and Vandenberg Air Force Base background checks
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.