SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Tube Bender (Precision Tube Fabrication)
The Tube Bender on the Propulsion Assembly team is responsible for all manufacturing and fabrication procedures for complex tube assemblies.
- Coordinate with expeditors, production coordinators and all relevant parties to ensure work orders are expediently carried out and fulfilled
- Ensure all tube assemblies are properly prepared for tube bending by executing preliminary inspection of raw tubes
- Move large, delicate tube assemblies to and from bending areas
- Set-up and operation of CNC rotary draw bending machines while conforming to aerospace tolerances
- Ensure all tube assemblies meet strict quality and compliance standards
- Coordinate movement of in process and finished assemblies between work areas
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 years of tube bending experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with Inconel, Titanium, Aluminum and Stainless Steel tubes
- Set up, operation and troubleshooting expiring on Pine or Eaton Leonard; tube bending machines
- Well versed in manufacture of complex aerospace tube assemblies
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
- Must be able to lift a min. of 25 lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours minimum
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.