SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The goal of the SpaceX Automation Software Development team is to develop reliable, robust and user-friendly software that significantly reduces mission-over-mission engineering time. Our primary focus is on telemetry databases, automated data analysis, continuous integration of rocket and dragon software, and automatic verification of mission software. We have no shortage of hard problems and challenges.
- Own all aspects of product development
- Act as responsible engineer for assigned products
- Maintain highest standards of excellence, never settle for the status quo
- Deep dive into your customers’ problems, find efficient solutions
- Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- 2+ years of experience in software architecture/design
- 2+ years of experience with Python and Python based development frameworks
- Professional experience with both back end and front end programming
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering
- 5+ years of experience in web applications development
- 5+ years of experience as an architect - proven ability to design and implement robust and scalable systems with flexible and scalable UI that meets future needs
- Deep understanding of object oriented programming
- Deep understanding of distributed, horizontally scalable systems
- Deep understanding of one or more modern persistency systems
- Experiences with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Engine
- Focus on performance bottlenecks and performance improvement techniques
- Great creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and in a team
Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.