SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Setting up asset maintenance strategies based on risk and history. Using Risk Based and Reliability Centered Maintenance methodologies
- Maintain asset documentation in a proprietary MRP/ERP system
- Develop preventative maintenance instructions and schedules for both purchased and SpaceX-designed custom assets
- Advise and support manufacturing teams on complex problem resolution. Perform Root Cause Analysis
- Implement and document process changes to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity of the maintenance team overall
- Calculate Key Performance Indicators such as Mean Time Between Failures, Mean Time To Repair, Planned downtime, etc. Interpret this data and understand the factors influencing the metrics to further improve asset uptime and maintenance efficiency and effectiveness
- Identify the critical spare parts using FMECA methodology and Root Cause Analysis of breakdowns
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required
- 2 years of experience working on mechanical/electrical maintenance engineering projects
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems, especially CMMS programs (Maximo, Infor etc.)
- Basic competency with SQL databases and reporting software (Tableau, Periscope etc.)
- Strong understanding of mechanical, electronic and control systems on machinery and robotics
- Experience or proven ability with Continuous Improvement or Lean programs
- Self-starting, able to identify areas for improvement with minimal direction
- Strong analytical and written skills
- Ability to lift 25 lbs., lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Position requires long hours and some nights and weekends
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and demonstrate a high sense of urgency
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.