SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The Metrology Technician will be the resident expert in the calibration and repair of electronic, electro-mechanical and mechanical test and measurement equipment for the world-class SpaceX launch vehicle production facility in Hawthorne, CA.
- Performs routine and complex work related to the repair and calibration of electronic, electro-mechanical and mechanical test and measurement equipment.
- Provide maintenance on equipment when required.
- Uses calibration procedures and measurement systems for use on company equipment in compliance with requirements.
- Assures compliance to Quality Management System.
- Assists engineering teams in assessing and implementing calibration processes and goals to supported systems.
- Provide recall and calibration data to supported teams within the factory and test sites.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the repair and calibration of electronic/electro-mechanical, process control equipment and mechanical equipment.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Military PMEL/TMDE/DOD training preferred.
- Familiar with ANSI Z540.3-2006
- Electrical and Physical Dimensional experience preferred.
- AC/DC low frequency experience preferred.
- Physical dimensional experience preferred.
- Familiarity with IndySoft GageInSite preferred.
- ASQ CCT preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and LabVIEW (or an industry specific software).
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.