Orbital Welder (Falcon 9 Rocket)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Orbital Tube Welder
- Follow established procedures to setup and operate the orbital welding system.
- Work from blue prints and approved drawings.
- Cut and prepare all tubing and fittings used in the welding operation.
- Perform setup of the welding system.
- Assembles and calibrates liquid controllers and systems as required.
- Inspect all completed assemblies using the borescope inspection system.
- Maintain an adequate supply of spare parts for the welding system.
- Maintain a clean work area. Maintain a file of all work records.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification from a formal orbital weld training program or at least 3 years of experience required.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Certification from an orbital weld training program.
- TIG Welding and Clean room experience.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be willing to travel. Up to 5%.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces.
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.