Manufacturing Engineer - Fluid Systems
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
FLUID SYSTEMS MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
- Own detail and assembly level high-pressure fluid transport systems through the manufacturing process
- Responsible for developing and qualifying new processes to take products from design to production
- Resolve manufacturing discrepancies for all owned processes by interfacing with the design engineering, production and quality teams
- Support day-to-day production of rotary draw formed tubing, welded tube assemblies and high-pressure testing
- Identify, plan, and execute capital equipment, machine, and layout upgrades to the meet volume production demand
- Find and eliminate process waste, streamline production process and enable continuous improvement
- Bachelor's degree from an ABET accredited institution
- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment (internship/co-op experience included)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master of science in aerospace, mechanical, systems or manufacturing engineering
- Design for manufacturability and assembly
- Knowledge of principles of chemistry, engineering, fluid dynamics and mechanics of materials
- Knowledge in automated test systems for pressure and leak testing using instrumentation such as flow meters, pressure transducers and thermocouples
- Experience with capacity modeling, process mapping and fault analysis.
- Pareto analysis, root cause and corrective action experience
- Experience performing PFMEAs
- Experience with LabVIEW, CAD, and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) experience
- Ability to work directly with the hardware on the floor for extended periods of time
- Position may require long hours and weekend work
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.